
The five baby quilts are finished and ready to go to the orphanage in Siberia next week. Well, it depends on how much room Tam and Bill have in their luggage. They'll use one of those plastic storage bags that can have the air sucked out...can't think of the name right now. What doesn't fit will go to our local women's safe house. I made four quilts and a friend made another.

Last week I finished the I Spy for Anya.

This was my big purchase this week. I've needed a new cutting mat for a very long time. My old one has so many grooves that go almost all the way through the mat. It served me well though...I think about 12 years. Both of them were bought on sale at JoAnn Fabric.
8 comments:
very nice I am sure who ever ends up with them will be thrilled
Thank you so much for making the quilts for the orphanage. Those kids need something new and beautiful too! I'm sure they will be put to good use. Anja will love her eye spy. Any chance we get to help her catch up in English we will take!
wonderful baby quilts - they are really great! I'm jealous of your new cutting mat. I've had one for about 5 years now, and it's still fine... but I need a bigger one.
You will love the cutting mat. I have the same one on my cutting table.
The quilts will be so appreciated by whomever receives them. They are such cherished gifts.
I love the cutting mat! The quilts are beautiful too. That is so good of you to be doing something like that. I hope I get to that point one day.
These are very sweet looking and I'm sure they'll be much appreciated.
Thanks for your comments on my blog reading post - the beauty of using a site like bloglines or Google reader is that you just see the blogs that have updated posts. No wasting time visiting sites without new posts.
Those are wonderful quilts and are sure to be appreciated by the children who receive them. Enjoy your new mat!
You are something else!! What a WONDERFUL G'G'ma you are to help out those little ones. They are beautiful!!
Post a Comment