Monday, June 1, 2009

A package arrived today!!

The siggy's arrived today. I was so surprised....Connie just mailed them Saturday. What fun it was to open the package and see siggy's from around the world. I'm so anxious to sew them together but can't right now. There are too many project with "top priority" staring me in the face!! There were 60 who joined the swap. I just laid the squares out as they came off the pile. I'm thinking I'll do something for the center 4 blocks, maybe more siggy's or something different. Any good ideas????






Linnea was over yesterday with her Mom. They had been out to the Lake MI beach to play in the sand. I thought Brrrrrrrr! The lake temperature is still in the 50's but I guess the sun was warm.








Linnea likes to get up on the piano bench to play the piano. She is so good and plays "gently"!. We hadn't seen her in a while and wow, has her vocabulary grown. She is 19 months old. She was wondering where her G'pa was....she's G'pa's little girl. It is strange to think of our son being a G'pa to 2 little ones.








Yesterday after our church service everyone when to the construction site of our new building. There was a dedication of the corner stone. Then everyone had a chance to write Bible verses or whatever we wanted on the walls between the studs. "No writing on the dry wall though"! The children wrote on the concrete floor. I wonder how many years it will be before dry wall is taken off and our writings will be discovered. It was an emotional time for Jerry and I since the church organizational meetings were held in our basement 14 years ago and we had the church office here. Our small group started out with no idea how long it would take to get to wherever we were going....but with a lot of prayer and God's guidance we're about 3 1/2 months from having a permanent home. We started out having services at a local public school and then most of the years we've been at a Catholic school. Their chapel has been just like a church....next best thing to our own space. We have been blessed to be able to worship there.



5 comments:

Phil and Linda said...

Wow, the church looks like it is going to be a nice size! Congratulations!
love ya

Karen said...

Great idea...writing whatever you want on the boards! Hope you enjoy your new church as it is being built and when complete. Keep us posted!
Karen

Alice Grace said...

Wow, Linnea is so beautiful! I know you will come up with good ideas on the siggys! Congratulations on your new building in progress!

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Hope you're doing better, G'G'Ma!!

Rhonda said...

That quilt is going to be a great keepsake and what a cutie on the piano bench!!!!