Bought a flat of wave petunias,a flat of impatiens, and another of mixed flowers this morning. Impatiens and dusty miller are planted along the sidewalk to the front door. I took the Pansies out of the deck planters and moved them to a bed in the back yard and in a few pots. The petunias went into the deck planters. The pansies were planted the first of April....so nice to have color when it is still so cold or even with snow on the ground. Planted some gerbera too. Love their bright colors. Now I'll wait a few days to rest my back and then go back to the nursery.
Here are a few flowering plants in the yard today. The jack-in-the-pulpit photo tipped over! The azalea burst open yesterday and wild flowers are blooming...solomom's seal, wild geranium, chives and I missed the may apple...the little flowers hide under the huge leaves.
Tomorrow is the last church quilting day until September. I usually keep it going all summer but the other day decided I just can't do that this year. It is a real relief to have made that decision. Everyone understands, no one wants all this stuff at their house!!! We don't have our own church building so here we are. One of these days I'll show photos of our church home that is being built and should be ready by fall. We're very excited about that. It is fun driving by to see the progress.

4 comments:
Yesterday we had literal downpours of rain off and on and the rain was running over the sides of the gutters. Since we also have this brown stuff from our huge oak tree all over, I'm betting our gutters are full of it. I'm so happy to see some sun this morning.
I'm glad that you will be able to take a break for the summer. I am sure there is much to be done while the sun is shining. The bloomers are looking so pretty and are a most welcome sight, I am sure.
We can come over weekend after next and help clean out the gutters, if needed.
Oh your flowers are beautiful! I know you are enjoying them so much! I understand your need to take that break for the summer.
Post a Comment