For the past year I've been struggling with plantar fasciitis. I've been doing the foot stretches, ice on the heels, Aleve, never going without shoes with my orthotics, and not spending too much time on my feet. Two weeks ago the foot doctor put a shot of cortisone in my right heel...it didn't help either. Today I got this foot splint to wear to bed. Four weeks is supposed to cure the right foot and then I'll work on the left. Wish me luck. These beautiful spring days are beckoning me to go for a walk and smell all the flowering spring trees. Hope I can before it gets too hot.
Monday, April 12, 2010
A finish.
Got the binding on the Tulip/Apple Blossom quilt finished this weekend. Found out what button to push to get the audio on my Kindle so was able to "read" while I sewed. Great!!
I should have taken a picture of of my Magic bobbin washers. Has any one used them? When I purchased the Baby Lock the salesperson suggested I buy them. There are 5 in a package for $6.50...they look like the little white circle things to reinforce a punched page for a notebook. Seemed like an awful lot of money for such little nothings!! Well, let me tell you, they certainly aren't nothings. They are Teflon and eliminate backlash and birds nests on the underside of free-motion quilting. As one who has a hard time controlling my speed and sometimes whip around a corner too fast these little things are wonderful. Didn't have one spot of backlash on this quilt. The only problem is because they are so small and with no weight I keep losing them. Think they sometimes fall into the waste basket when I tip the bobbin into my hand. I'm getting better and haven't lost any for weeks!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wow, quite a contraption! Don't think that I would want that foot under the covers! Way too much bulk! Hope it works like the Dr. says.
love ya, linda
Bless your heart....I'll be praying for you.
About that bobbin thingy....I use them in both my machines and boy, what a difference those little reenforcement holes...LOL.....make.
Take care.
Those bobbin thingys are amazing. My new Juki came with a metal one snapped into the back of its bobbin.
Thanks for your enthusiastic comments about my lake piece entered into Grand Rapids ArtPrize competition and exhibition. I'm looking forward to the event and working like mad to get "The Lake" finished.
I love the colors in your quilt. Very pretty!
I use those bobbin washers as well and love them. I have found that if I put a smidge of oil between it and the bobbin case it woun't fall out as easily. They are wonderful!
I am with you and the PF. I am currently doing pretty well with mine, but I wore that same splint for a long time. I still wear my orthotics which limit any cute sandals, but I'll take that before the horrid pain. I also had the cortisone shots several times and they did help. Now I do a simple exercise each morning -- pretend like I am writing the ABCs with my foot. It gets all the stretching going and it seems to have kept me clear for the last few years.
I love the colors in your quilt.
post free classifieds
Post a Comment