Sunday, April 4, 2010

Poof...and three weeks are gone!!

Sure don't know where the days go sometimes. Lots of little things can really fill up a day. It is a lot better than being bored!!

Sorry for showing my orchid again but I just love it. I've had it over 7 weeks now and there are still 9 flowers. The instructions said not to water the plant too much...so, what is too much? It also said 5 cubes of ice once a week would be enough. Now 5 cubes I can understand and it sure seems to be working.
We've had so many very warm days and all the Spring plants are popping. It has really been too warm though and the fruit growers are beginning to get concerned. Meanwhile I'm enjoying every bouquet of Forsythia and Daffodils that are in the house!!

Last week I bought a flat of Pansies and planted them in the deck containers. Love their perky little faces.
And this is the chives...up 8 inches already. That calls for some creamed potatoes with peas and chives. We love it with the first chives and then it is really good with new little potatoes in the summer.
Haven't gotten much of my quilting done lately but the Lutheran World Relief quilts are moving right along. Saw in a church newsletter that a shipment of quilts and school kits had been sent to the Leogane region of Haiti. I like to think that maybe some of our quilts were on that ship.

Jill and Linnea were over this morning and went to church with me. Jerry wasn't feeling well so stayed home. It was wonderful to attend the first Easter service in our new building. There was such a crowd, beautiful music, inspiring sermon, beautiful flowers and the joy to say again and again....He is risen! He is risen indeed. May the joy of Easter fill your heart with His love and peace.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi there...so happy you've had a great Easter. I love all of the pics of the beautiful flowers...their colors are truly amazing.....God did that...WOW!
Take care.

Needled Mom said...

And....the same to you. I always love the Easter services.

I know what you mean about the time flying. I don't know where it goes either.

Your orchid is just gorgeous. It is always tough to know how much water is too much. My dad used to have a greenhouse and raised all sorts of orchids. They were so beautiful.

I hope you have a beautiful Easter season.

Val said...

Oh I just love hearing about your past few weeks. Your flowers are gorgeous. Time does fly by doesn't it?

prashant said...

I love all of the pics of the beautiful flowers..
post free classifieds