Monday, May 31, 2010

I LOVE Milwaukee!!

DIL Mary Jane took her mom (Janet) and her MIL (me) to Milwaukee for the weekend. We left Friday morning and took the Lake Express ferry across Lake Michigan. We left from Muskegon and had a beautiful smooth ride across the lake to Milwaukee. Wisconsin greeted us with the same wonderful weather that we had in MI.
MJ's high school friend Anne (she says to spell it with an "e") picked us up when we arrived. She gave us a little tour of the downtown area and then we went to Molly Cool's Seafood Tavern in the Old World part of town for lunch. We sat outside on the deck overlooking a river or canal. There were condo's on the other side of the water with the owners boats tied up. For some reason I couldn't get those pictures posted. Off course the food pics got in just fine!! I had Blackened Fish Tacos. That has never sounded very good to me, but hey, I'm on vacation so why not try it. Guess the thought of fish in a regular taco was what was on my brain. It really was very good.

The other gals had wraps. What a lovely day for eating outside.

After lunch Anne brought us to our hotel. We stayed at the historic Ambassador Hotel which is next to Marquette University. The lobby was nice and look at this elevator door. There was another door inside to open into a small elevator. We had such a laugh in our rooms. Where is the closet or clothes rack? None to be found. Good thing we were only there 2 nights. Finally MJ saw a hook almost at the ceiling in the bathroom...she is taller than I am! There were 2 hangers that looked like someone had left them. Janet didn't have even one hanger. Remind ourselves that is a "historic" hotel. Wonder what people did 100 years ago.
No hangers but look at the elegant restroom off the lobby. No paper towels or hot air dryers but lush heavy pure white towels!!

The hotel had free shuttle service so MJ and I took it to the 3rd ward area. We checked out numerous art and antique stores. I saw a store that carried all Herman Miller for the Home Furniture. Just had to check out the price of the Eames lounge chair. Guess we won't be buying another to match Jerry's retirement gift! When my feet got tired we called the shuttle to to pick us up. So very handy. We had our dinner at the hotel.

I had a problem getting these photos posted but with Bill's help I'll work on another post.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What fun to relive, via. your blog, Lois, our wonderful weekend!
We sure had a great adventure!