Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Visiting Phoenix




We are here in Phoenix right now for our granddaughter's wedding. It was a beautiful wedding on Saturday. I'm from Michigan and had fretted for months that it would be just too hot in October. Was I ever off base in my thinking. The day was just glorious and the bride and groom were beaming with the love they have for each other. My granddaughter asked me to make small wall hangings for her attendants. Her colors were red (roses) and black. The fabric was chosen when my husband and I were here in February. I think the girls (women!) were happy to receive them at the rehearsal dinner. I was really embarrassed by all the hugs, tears and compliments since all the quilting was just some stitch-in-the-ditch!

Our trip is turning into a lengthy one. We are here at our daughters for 2 weeks and then 1 week in Mexico with my brother and sister-in-law. We are going to Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point).

I've told my daughter how much I've enjoyed reading some of the quilters blogs the past few months. She thought it was high time I started one also so this is my first post. More later!!

4 comments:

La Familia Lopez Robinson said...

Congratulations, Grandma! I am so proud of you! Your blog looks great and I can't wait to read more!

GreggR said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lo, Just got done looking at your pictures and didn't see the one of you in your bathing suit shirt. Good going with all the rest!!bga

Candy Duell said...

I also am glad that you started your blog. I have really enjoyed reading all about your quilts, and your baking, and of course your family. I am looking forward to reading more.