Not much quilting done this week. Only have 3 squares completed using Christmasfabric and the 3 squares posted earlier. But, I made 83 Christmas cards, wrote notes
on most and have 72 in the mail.
This morning son Bill and I made Lefse for our family Smorgasbord the 23rd. We've been doing it together for many years. He is the one who will carry on the tradition and will inherit the lefse rolling pin and turner.
Jill and Linnea were here on Wednesday and we got started on baking cookies. Jill likes to do the decorating and that is great since I no longer can stand on my feet for many hours at a time. We made Snowballs, Coconut Strawberries, Birds Nests and Pepparkakor(spice cookies). Tonight I'm planning to make Lingonberry strips and Créme de Menthe Squares. Yum, love to scrape the bowls!!
Linnea was a perfect angel. She smiles and carries on a conversation now. Well, she makes conversation sounds.
We finished decorating our Christmas tree this week. I love taking all the ornaments from the wrappings. It is a walk down memory lane. There are a few ornaments from my childhood in Minnesota and from the many places where we've lived. Many have been made by family members, only a couple are the expensive Hallmark kind.
Time to go and play with the butter, sugar and chocolate!

2 comments:
those cookies look amazing G'ma
-Andrew
They are in the cans out in the garage just waiting for someone to come and eat them!!!
Post a Comment