We had intended to stay in Madison WI last night but with all the talk of a bad storm
we decided to drive straight home. Good thing we did. Monday we took a wrong turn
and ended up on the business route through Rockford, IL. Wrong turns can lead to nice surprises. We discovered a nice restaurant, the Stockholm Inn. We had a good lunch
and bought some Lefse and pickled herring at the gift shop. Thought that would be a treat
to have with Elaine at the Care Center. Tuesday afternoon we stopped at Dregne's
Scandinavian Gift shop in Westby, WI. Love stopping there, so much to look at...and
buy! Can't say what I bought though!!
We brought the small tree for Elaine's room. Jill and Soren cut out the stars last week
when they were here. Jill printed the names of all Elaine's decendants....48 (including
spouses and 3 foster grand sons from Africa). We brought some decorations from the
house to decorate the room, a Swedish bird and wheat thing for the door and a small
Christmas quilt for a dresser.
Elaine gave back this 26x26 quilt that I made for her 20 years ago. She doesn't have
room for too many decorations. Just hung the quilt below in the front hall.

1 comment:
Grandma's tree looks beautiful. I'll bet it really brightens the room up! Glad to hear that you decided to make it in one day. I heard on the news yesterday that Chicago had cancelled 400 flights on Saturday. We had about an inch of rain fall between Friday and Saturday. Our annual rain here is 7". Before this weekends rain we were only @ 2" and with only 4 weeks left in the year I'm sure we won't make up the 5" shortfall! That's the desaert for ya!
Post a Comment