Thursday, December 27, 2007

Smorgasbord Part 3

This is a 3 part blog. I haven't gotten the hang of starting with the last first.
If you don't like starting your meal with dessert go down 2 blogs and start
at the beginning!!
A must on the Dessert Buffet is Pepparkakor, a crispy spice cookie. I think
each item on the table is someones favorite.
Then there is Creme Caramel, Ostkaka/Lingonberries and Banket for the
Dutch in the family

And then, lots and lots of cookies.
This may seem like way too much food but then there were 18 people and
8 of them were in the teen/young men age. Also, everyone fills containers
of favorite leftovers. There was surprisingly little left in our refrigerator!!
This is not a meal that one person has to fix. Each (3 kids and me) have
made our same specialities for many years. The grandchildren have grown
up with these Smorgasbord foods and try everything. There are bragging
rights over who took the largest piece of Lutefisk. Grandson Stephen has
devoured the smoked oysters since he was 2 years old. Tam loves Rotmos,
Marcia the Brown Beans and so on.

3 comments:

Val said...

I love your blog! I am just learning. Have a lot to learn. Thank you for sharing!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I'm so glad you stopped by! We seem to have a lot in common. Your meal looks delicious.

La Familia Lopez Robinson said...

The food was so great, Grandma! It was wonderful to be with you all again. Too bad Marcos was so fussy. He's feeling much much better now. I'm just glad that we were all together!