Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's not much........

It's not much of a photo but those little flowers mean Spring has Sprung!!










This is what they looked like last week after the lawn guys had rid the beds of packed leaves.







Everything is turning green after a week with the sun. Even the chives are growing fast. I cut some Saturday to have in creamed potatoes and peas.








Anja was over for a few hours Saturday night while her Mom and Dad celebrated her Dad's birthday. Mary Jane and Gregg had stopped over for awhile so all were here for dinner. After dinner Anja had fun with Play Dough and cookie cutters. She doesn't believe in keeping the colors separate!!! Three minutes after a new container is opened it is mixed.


This morning after we stopped to sign our Tax Forms we went to Barnes and Noble for some coffee. I made a side trip to JoAnn for a pkg. of rotary blades...half price! Why didn't I get them sooner?!? Sharp blades are wonderful. At B. and N. I picked up 2 books at the $5.98 table...Family Tree by Barbara Delinsky and When Madeline Was Young by Jane Hamilton. Haven't talked to anyone who has read them so no critiques.
I finished the book that I started on the plane...Jackdaws by Ken Follett. That book grabbed me after 2 pages I think. Don't know if it was ever made into a movie. If it was or will be I won't be going to see it! I can read gory stuff, skip if I have to but don't want to SEE it.

Every Wednesday after Bible Study about 10 gals go out for lunch. A month ago we were at a restaurant and almost finished eating when suddenly there was an awful noise. The chair my 84 year old friend was sitting on crashed right under her. A leg broke off, she fell backward and hit her head against an antique sled leaning against the fireplace. To make a very long story short she got a concussion, a fractured vertebrae, many aches and now the insurance company for the restaurant says she sat in the chair for an hour before it broke so they are not liable!!!!! Can you believe it? The story isn't finished yet!

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I'll bet those flowers are a welcome sight to winter eyes.

Boy....do I ever know the story of mixed colors of Pla*ydough. Guess that must be part of the fun.

I can't believe that the insurance company is denying the chair claim. How stupid can they be? They have to know that this will not be the end of it. I am so sorry that your friend had to endure the injury of the fall and now this. I can't wait to hear the "rest of the story."

Have a great weekend.

Danetta said...

Your flowers are so pretty and so is Anja! I hope your friend knows a good lawyer, I can't imagine the place is being so irresponsible!

Anonymous said...

boy is that restaurants insurance company dumb. Of course they are liable.
what is the world coming to? Do they think that the 84 yr old was squirming in the chair like a 2 yr old would? come on.

Karen said...

Thanks for sharing a glimpse of spring in your yard! Very pretty sight.

I hope the lady whose chair crashed causing her injuries will be OK. It's horrible that the ins. co. says the restaurant is not liable! That was a very stupid thing for them to say. I'd be interested in hearing the outcome of this.

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

I am always in need of color this time of the year. But what is the yellow flower? It's beautiful! I've never seen one like that here in PA.

Insurance companies...I'll never understand them!!

Thanks for the nice comment on my page, G'G'ma!