Monday, August 17, 2009
New photos!!
I've been experimenting tonight and finally got a header photo. I hope it is still there when I publish!! We had a storm this morning and I was glad I'd taken these pictures the other day. The flowers looked pretty bedraggled and some were tipped over. This is the sunniest spot in our yard. It is at the end of the driveway near the street. We had trees trimmed a number of years ago but the branches have really grown and we're in deep shade again. It is a dilemma because I love the trees too. Remind me that I said that when I start complaining about all the leaves that have fallen.
Haven't had many blossoms on the hibiscus but the few we've had have been beautiful. This is the plant that has spent the past 3 winters under a fluorescent bulb in the basement. It got aphids in March and I thought it would have to be thrown out. After trimming it back to almost nothing it is doing quite well.

Dalilies are so prolific and are nice outside but not much for taking inside!!
Right now the Brown-eyed Susan's are blooming all over town. They are so bright and cheery and usually are in such large clusters so make quite a statement
I like Cosmos and Zinnias...they have been in gardens forever it seems. The Cosmos are so delicate and on such airy greens and the Zinnias seem so sturdy and tough....they last forever as cut flowers too.
The Hen and Chicks do well in the front yard but sure have a battle with squirrels on the deck. I have them in one of the strawberry pots....with all the holes. I think we have a new batch of baby squirrels because they sure are into mischief. They pull out the chicks and let them lay. Maybe they don't taste good. Last week my Christmas Cactus on the deck rail had all the branches on one side chewed off. The critters sure can be funny though. One day a little one had a thin branch about 18 in. long and kept trying to carry it up a tree. He'd get up about 6 feet and down it would fall. He tried again and again and finally got it up to the first big branch. As soon as he made it up there 2 other "kids" raced up to him and of course he dropped it. "Well", you say, "and you stood and watched all that time"!! Yup, I sure did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Nice photos, Grandma! And way to go putting a great photo on your header! See you Saturday at the beach.
I love the new header. It looks fabulous.
The flowers all look so pretty. I know it is frustrating to deal with shade, but it is certainly welcome during the summer months. Plus, I love the trees too.
You did it! I love your header and the absolutely beautiful pics of all the blossoms! Take care.
Great pics Mom! You've now given me some more pics for my desktop @ work. Since March, I've had the Chihuly ball as my desktop. I've gotten more comments on it.
love ya, linda
Your flowers are gorgeous! I love your new header too! Great job! I can't seem to do any good with the hen and chickens, guess I will have to buy another and try again. Yours are so pretty!
Post a Comment