The chairs are all out of the boxes. A couple of us spent some time this afternoon digging out the plastic thingies that plugged some holes in the lower support piece. The book racks fit into the holes. A group of us will be spending time tomorrow working again...more grunt work!!
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
The altar was delivered.
Isn't this altar beautiful? Fellows from our church made this! The wood is 90 year old Cyprus wood that until 2 years ago was used in huge pickle vats at a Heinz pickle factory. I saw the wood before the work began and can't believe what I saw today. A few men did the rough cuts and sanding, then others did the finer work and lastly one fellow did the finish work.


The chairs are all out of the boxes. A couple of us spent some time this afternoon digging out the plastic thingies that plugged some holes in the lower support piece. The book racks fit into the holes. A group of us will be spending time tomorrow working again...more grunt work!!
The memorial service yesterday was beautiful. The church was huge and there were many hundreds of people there. When we left the banquet facility after the lunch we saw the roped off area for the motor cycles. There were at least 100 cycles. We left the church before the cyclists did. Can you imagine the noise there must have been in downtown Muskegon when they all took off??!!!
The chairs are all out of the boxes. A couple of us spent some time this afternoon digging out the plastic thingies that plugged some holes in the lower support piece. The book racks fit into the holes. A group of us will be spending time tomorrow working again...more grunt work!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
This is so beautiful. I have got to catch up on your posts. I am running behind.
I love the pictures of your new church! The altar is really beautiful.
Oh, but that is a gorgeous piece of workmanship. The new place to worship will be lovely. You have all worked so hard for it.
I am just playing alittle catch up with posts. I am glad to hear that Jerry suffered ONLY a muscle tear. Yes, I would imagine that everyone jumps when he shows up in the ER. Is he feeling better now?
That is quite a group to bring home on the spur of the moment, but what fun it must have been.
Looking at all those stairs heading down to the lake would make my knees weak. Goodness gracious! I hope that you didn't have to tackle them, but then again, think of the great workout one would get.
Post a Comment