The hand crafted altar was something everyone wanted to see and touch....and to hear about the unique past for the wood.
Some months ago the Sunday School children collected money to buy a rocker for the nursery. A large oak Amish made rocker was purchased. The children told one of our members all the pictures that should be painted on the chair. Isn't this a fun looking rocker? Patty was taking it back home this week to add some more small bugs or something on the rungs.
You will have to tip your head to see the seat. Blogger tipped it over on me.
Today we had another packed church, so many visitors, and more food. I don't know about other denominations but us Lutheran sure do like our food and fellowship time!
Saturday afternoon on our way home we stopped at Walgreen's so Jerry could get his flu shot. His doctor wasn't doing a clinic this year. Just inside the door there was a young woman who had a display of Almay cosmetics she was talking about and had a sign-up for a gift. Guess who got a call about 5 o'clock? Me, that's who. The gift is a bottle of LIVE LUXE Jennifer Lopez. I have no idea what kind of fragrance this might be. Linda suggested I look around to see if some store has a sample on display. It is so heavily packaged so I don't want to open that until I know that I may want to keep it or give it to someone else who would like it.
This will be a busy week playing catch-up here at home. I'm not used to being gone a good part of 6 days. Got so tired. I can't keep up with my 50+ and 60+ friends anymore!

5 comments:
Oh my goodness. This looks wonderful. Isn't it amazing what we can do if we all pitch in. The church is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
You didn't mention the rocking chair! It looks so festive!
The clock is ticking: 13 days before I arrive
Here's my wish list:
1)cool weather-rain would be okay- sure don't get any here!
2)fall colors
3)homemade strawberry shortcake
4)lot's of fun days shopping
5)daily trips to Starbucks or equivalent
6)"road trips"
After all that, I should be exhausted after 2 weeks and definitely not ready to return to work. I'll need another vacation!
love ya-see you guys soon!
linda
ok Lois, I will try again. My first comment said, since I have been shamed into figuring this out so I can leave you a comment. Your church looked awesome, so much to feel good about and so many praises to God for granting you this building which has become your church home. Congrat!!!! Bettie
It sounds like it was a perfect day. I am sure everyone had a marvelous time viewing all the exciting things in the church....and eating! I love the rocker! It is so cute for the kids.
What a fabulous rocker! It looks like it was a successful event!
Post a Comment