Sunday, November 1, 2009

Finished quilts.

One of the projects I did last spring when MJ and I had our "quilt weekend" was to sew this top...and then put it away! Got it out this week, quilted it and got it hung. It was a kit from Connecting Threads and called Emilie's something or other (don't have time to look for the pattern). The church group tied these baby quilts (+2 more), I bound them and they are ready to be delivered to one of our local needy groups. That's it for 2009. Now I do my own thing! Hope to get some other tops finished and maybe start some new projects.
Here is the latest photo of Anja

Anja and her big brother goofing around!


Did you have many tricksters last night? Don't think we had more than 50. Glad I didn't buy more candy than I did. The weather prediction was for rain so think many families made plans other than door-to-door. Turned out to be an OK night though.
The time change gave me an extra hour for reading. Finished Amy Tan's "Saving Fish from Drowning" and started "Handle with Care" by Jodi Picoult. Enjoyed Tan's book and really liked how she tied up every one's life in the last chapter. Picoult's book is going to another heart wrenching one I'm afraid...like My Sister's Keeper.
Whenever I go to my blog and see that summer photo.......oh, my.....I'm sure you must know things look pretty bad now!! Flowers are dead, leaves and branches fall every day and it is so hard to walk on the sidewalk because of all the acorn caps. For 6 weeks we've stepped on the acorns and now the caps are falling. Two weeks ago I took a nasty fall stepping on an acorn the wrong way...the edge of my foot I guess. Must, must get a new picture.

There has been a lot of flooding here again. We've had almost 8 in. of rain this month. BUT, the sun is shining beautifully today!!!

3 comments:

Phil and Linda said...

I think that you will need to give MJ a nudge to get her project done from last year's quilting weekend. She showed me her project when I was over to their house on my MI visit and her's isn't done yet!I should talk, I started a quilt probably 6 yrs ago or more and there it sits. But remember, I'm not the quilter!
love ya, linda

Val said...

I have a wall hanging that I did last year in a class and I would love to get it done. Seeing yours has made me want to get it out and finish it.

Tanya said...

Beautiful p;ictues of the kids!