I'm working on one of Bill's laptops until we get a new computer. Our HP was just getting too stressful. I'll have to wait to post photos.
About 5 this evening our power went off and didn't come back on until 9. A dead tree fell on the power line. There wasn't even a slight breeze today so that tree must have really been dead!!! Jerry was in his lift chair with the foot rest way up when the power went out. There is a battery backup but guess what? We had never put in any batteries!! I found 2 9 volt's that had been used and there was barely enough umph to lower the foot rest. A person never knows how long an outage will last. By time we thought about dinner it was dark and we didn't want to mess with the grill. I won't even tell you what we ate. ha We had fresh oatmeal cookies for dessert though. The first pan of cookies was almost finished when the power went. The rest will be baked tomorrow.
I'm thoroughly enjoying my Kindle and tonight found another reason to own one. It was the only thing around here that worked tonight!
One of the Tuesday quilters brought about 4 bags of fabric this week. She got it from a neighbor of her Mother's....and they live on the other side of the state. The week before fabric came from a friend of a friend who is in the same swimming therapy group. Almost none of it had been washed so I had many loads to do. So far I've gotten fabric for 5 quilts ironed, cut, designed and laid out on foam board ready to be sewn.
Wherever the snow has melted from the flower beds the crocus, daffodil and tulips are poking their heads up. I love Spring.
Anja was here the other evening. We had so much fun doing puzzles and coloring. Then came Candy Land. She has her own set of rules and she kept changing them as we went along!! What a riot.

5 comments:
Bummer about Dad almost "stuck" in his chair! One of the owners of our company a number of years ago was in a motorized chair recuperating from Achilles(sp) tendon problems. He lives on horse property, and rode the chair down his long drive to get to the mailbox. His battery died on the way back. He was stuck in his chair until a neighbor drove by and noticed him!
Oh my, four hours would have been a long time to be stuck in the chair. Glad you found some batteries.
I'll bet that sunshine felt fabulous all week long. It is always so much fun to see the first flowers popping their heads up. Thankfully we always have the promise of spring!
You will be busy with sewing with all of the new fabric.
Soooooo....who won Candy Land??? Was that predetermined too?
Greetings G'!!!! You are so right about the sun.....life is always wonderful but when the sun is shinnning it's just so much better. I always feel that I have extra energy when I know the sun is out.
Take care and have a great week!
Oh, aren't we ready for sunshine and jonquils and crocus and all the wonderful things that come with spring! This has been the most troublesome winter for us. I hope your computer problems are nearly over.
I think You will be busy with sewing with all of the new fabric.
post free classifieds
Post a Comment