and to my new quilting/blogging friends. It is after midnight and I
probably should go to bed but I am so excited about my quilting plans
for 2008. The brain doesn't want to shut down. I'm going to be a
STASH BUSTER QUEEN. Well, maybe not the queen but a princess title
will do. The quilt-a-long is a beginning. Here are the first 6 blocks
using Christmas fabric, all from scrap pieces.
pieces randomly sewn together. This will be for my Mother-in-law. When
she went to the nursing home last July she didn't want to take anything
"good". I tried to convince her to take the flannel quilt that I made for my
Father-in-law when he went to the home years ago but,"no, it might get
stolen". Elaine started out her married life during the depression and has
been frugle all her life. I plan to describe what projects some of the fabric is
from. The flannel pieced backing is flannel used for nightgowns I made for
my Mother 20 years ago. See, I do tend to hang onto fabric! I'm going to
piece the batting also. Hopefully I can convince her that she doesn't have to
worry if the quilt is misplaced, lost, stolen or gone throught the laundry with
bleach. I'll just make another and it won't cost a dime!

3 comments:
Happy New Year to you!
Your quilt-a-long blocks look great using the Christmas fabrics! Makes me wish that I'd done the same. I love the quilt you made for your MIL and do hope that she will use it. Just tell her that you were the frugal one....using your stash!
I am trying the quilt a long too and I am going to make one from my stash of Christmas fabric. I love that you save everything to use over again. Something new from something old is a great treat and free is fantastic
Great looking quilts mom. But I'm sure you've not even put a dent into your stash yet!
Happy New Year to you also. Phil was asleep by 9:30pm. He didn't even make it through the movie that we rented. There were some fireworks that went off at midnight which got Casey barking and upset, but all in all a rather uneventful New Years Eve.
love ya, linda
Post a Comment