Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Red, White and Blue.

I almost forgot that I had a quilt to hang for the 4th. It has hung outside for a few years and is really faded but doesn't seem too noticeable from the street. And no one comes to the front door!!! There were quilters today! Oh, was Ellie embarrassed last week when she realized that she was supposed to bring lunch. She really lucked out that no one else came.This picture is from last Oct. when we had "quality control" looking for pins before sending the quilts off to Lutheran World Relief.
We watched Anja for a few hours sat. night. Wow, those little legs are constant motion. We had such fun!

Here she is with Lala her baby doll.

Anya didn't have her own clothes at the orphanage. An outfit she might wear one day went to another that size the next. She is making up for lost time and changes her clothes many times a day. She does a great job and gets everything on straight..even tights. Her Mom and Dad placed a big order from Hanna Anderson recently (60 and 70% off). Such excitement for Anja when she saw all those clothes. She does share them with Lala!

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I can imagine how embarrassed she must have been. Thank heavens it turned out the way it did.

Anja is such a doll. Isn't it funny about the clothes? I'll bet that she is so thrilled with all that she has experienced here so far?

Jeanne said...

Our church also makes quilts for Lutheran World Relief. The group meets twice a month in the afternoon and in the evening. Before sending the quilts off, they are displayed over the pews in church during the Sunday service. It's a wonderful sight. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I see you are a fellow Michigander!