Saturday, August 16, 2008

Baby quilt finished and delivered.

Finished the quilt about midnight last night. I always seem to go back to a variation of an I Spy quilt for baby showers. This time it was done with the Disappearing 9 Patch pattern. Was fun and quick to do. I always enclose some sheets of instructions for the games to play on the quilt.

The baby shower was so very nice this morning. It started at 10:30 with a lovely brunch and the weather was nice enough to be outside. Then a few new games. We were each given a small container of Play Dough and had to make what we thought Nicki's baby would look like!!!I'm thinking she hopes her baby doesn't look anything like our creations. Was fun though. There was a great variety of gifts..my quilt was the only quilt and was well received.





Happy Anniversary to us!!!! Jerry and I celebrated our 54th anniversary yesterday. Well, not really celebrated. Now Jerry has pneumonia so has been in bed the last few days, gets up to eat and then is all worn out and has to go back to bed. Guess rest is the best thing though. This on top of his back pain has been hard on him.

We saw a surgeon. The pain fits with what the MRI showed but there is one area that fits more with the hip so next to an orthopedic doctor and then back to the pain clinic.

About the book club last week. There were 8 of us and only one gal kinda liked the book. It was Quaker Summer and won an award last year for best Christian novel or something. The main character wasn't liked, her husband let her spend all the family money and the 15 year old son spoke all these wonderful words that no one of us had ever heard come out of a 15 year old boys mouth!. There is a lot more in the book but in the end we weren't even sure how serious Heather about was about changing her life around. Read some great reviews about the book though so guess it just wasn't our cup of tea.

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

What a sweet baby quilt...I know it will be well used. Congratulations on your 54th.....poor hubby, hope he feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the anniversary and best wishes to your hubby that he soon feels all better. Poor guy.
The book sounds less like a Christian book that some I've read. I don't know how I would like it unless I read it but I probably won't.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the anniversary and best wishes to your hubby that he soon feels all better. Poor guy.
The book sounds less like a Christian book that some I've read. I don't know how I would like it unless I read it but I probably won't.

Phil and Linda said...

The quilt turned out great Mom! Another winner!

Needled Mom said...

So glad that you got the quilt finished for the shower. It is lovely too.

Play dough....what a creative idea. I'd hate to imagine what my baby would look like.

Congratulations on 54 years. That is quite an accomplishment. I am so sorry that hubby was under the weather for it. Hopefully, he will be better soon and able to properly celebrate with you.