Took time out to fix dinner. Thought the job wouldn't seem so daunting after eating! Got quite a bit of the pile up using my Ikea watering can but then the pellets started to cling to everything. Ah ha I remembered my very old carpet sweeper. Maybe many of you have never seen such a thing....works well when there is no electricity!!
Finally success. I remember years ago making many stuffed bears..Teddy Bears and Care Bears. The filling was kind of a ground up foam. That stuff clung to everything in my sewing room. Oops, just saw in the photos 2 pellets I missed!! The zippers are zipped and the bag is all ready for the little ones.
Now I'm going to get at my Ziggy blocks. Hope to get the pieces cut tonight. Has anyone seen or purchased that new cutting device that is advertised on Alex Anderson's web site? Looks like it might great when cutting many pieces of the same size.

3 comments:
Ooh! That looked like my living room when I filled up my first bag. Sorry it didn't go well for you. My vac was used a lot that day. I finally got them to pour in by rolling up part of a newspaper and using it as a big funnel. It wasn't perfect though...
Oh that looks like my bedroom as I was making my Pay It Forward gifts except it was Buckwheat!
Been there....done that....and it was a horrid mess!!!! I think I cleaned up wandering pellets for weeks afterwards.
I have heard about the cutter, but I know of no one who owns one. I'd be interested in how long the blades would work as I know how often I have to change my rotary blades.
Have a great weekend.
Post a Comment