Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I joined "The Quilt Show".

For a long time I watched Alex Anderson at 8:30 in the morning. Then the program went into reruns and many days I'd forget to turn the TV on. Well, I've found her again only now on the internet. She has teamed up with Ricky Tims and I'm really enjoying my membership in The Quilt Show. There are hour long videos with a teacher.It is so neat because there is a pause button! I can catch up to the teacher with what I'm trying to do. There is a BOM. This is the quilt.


I'm not sure if I'll get the whole quilt made but plan to at least do enough for a wall hanging.




This is fabric I purchased for the center.



A new ironing board cover. My board is extra wide so some times there is a problem finding the right size. Bought a new one, brought it home and it was 2 in. too narrow. Found one at Bed and Bath. My Oreck spits a awful lot so my cover doesn't last long. Before the Oreck there was a Rowenta...not much better.





Younker's had a good sale so I'm going to try another Rowenta...Effective. It was $86 on sale for $36 if you brought in any old iron. Just before the sale I threw 2 irons away. Jerry always used to fix all small and large appliances but now so many things are made so you can't get to the inside. One of the quilting gals had an old travel iron she gave me and that was accepted. I have gone through so many irons. I have a friend who still has her wedding gift iron from 30 years ago. Needless to say, she doesn't do much ironing!!

5 comments:

Val said...

Oh I have missed watching her on t.v. How can I find that on the internet? That will be a beautiful quilt. I just had to buy an iron also.

Anonymous said...

My Rowenta spit too but I learned I was using the wrong water in it. I had NOT read the enclosed instructions with the iron. I think I was using distilled, whatever, I did it wrong. I just bought a new Rowenta but it hasn't been tried out yet, it is for an extra which was on sale at JoAnns. I am still using my older iron for now.

Jenny said...

Oh, if only I knew! I really wanted a Rowenta iron but ended up snagging a high-end Black and Decker for almost $50. I really like it but your deal sounds much better!

I can't wait to see your progress on the quilt!

Alice Grace said...

I love Alex Anderson too! Let us know where her website is so we can join, also! Beautiful block you are making!

Alice Grace said...

I found the website for Alex's Quilt show! Thanks for the tip on that, I will let Valerie, my daughter know where it is. I may join also, because it looks very good.
Thanks again!