Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A visitor and some mail!!

I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked out my kitchen window Monday morning. Mr owl visited for over an hour. At first the birds disappeared and then came back and flitted around as usual. They didn't go near the feeder though until he (or she) flew to a branch stub on the tree where the cardinal is sitting. If you enlarge the picture you can get a good look! We hear them in the summertime but have only seen them flying very high in the sky. We're wondering if it was sick since it just sat around. He wasn't even looking to the ground as though looking for little varmits.



I got mail!! Recently I've won 2 different give-aways. I won a bean bag from Jenny at onthecreativepath.blogspot.com. I'm so anxious for our youngest granddaughter and our 2 great grands to come over. Haven't gotten out to find the filler yet but put 4 quilts inside to take the picture. And then blogger turned the pic on its side!!




I was a winner in Rhonda's give-away. She has a new Janome 11000!! So, she is practicing and each month is giving away some of her practice pieces. The windmill is 3 1/2 X 7. She is doing a lot of fun pieces. This month she has country scenes in red work. Rhonda is at ravelly1-quiltzblog.blogspot.com


Thank you Jenny and Rhonda.

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That must have been so exciting to see Mr/Mrs owl. What a gorgeous bird too!

Congratulations on your wins. Isn't it exciting to receive such fun items?

Carol in Sweden said...

THe owl....what a sight!
So beautiful!

and I had to laugh at your pellets!