Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My new machine!

I finally made a decision. I think this Baby Lock is really going to fit my needs. I know I'll love all the throat space. It has been here a few days and it isn't even plugged in yet. I've been busy and gone so much and haven't had time to read the instruction book yet. Yes, I am one that does that sort of thing. Some of those near and dear to me read instructions as a last resort!!!! Ha.


I'm lovin' the weather these past few days. Tonight I went out for a walk about 7:30 and it was still 60 degrees. The mini daffodils are finished blooming and the tall ones are just beginning and buds are swelling on the flowering trees. LOVE IT!!!







Yesterday was a productive day with the quilters. Those that tie finished 4 quilts, I did the binding on 3 and 2 tops were sewn. I cut about 200 hundred 12" squares, a pile of 12"x anything and a box full of 2" strips.








Not much waste from all that cutting as you can see....just a pile of 1/2" or less strips. Thought I did good!

The gal who furnished lunch yesterday is a YUPPER...from the Upper Peninsula of MI. She brought huge pasties for each of us, salad and strawberry shortcake. Yum. All we needed last night was a snack...still full from lunch.

We're seeing migrating birds now. Yesterday there was a pileated woodpecker working on one of the trees in our front yard. Sorry, no photo. They are neat to see but they sure can do damage to a tree.

3 comments:

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Good Morning G'G'ma! Thanks for your comment, I'm touched! So glad you finally got your new machine. I know it takes awhile to decide what suits our personal needs. I love mine as well, a Janome 6600, but, wish I could be as motivated as you are with the quilting. I have yet to decide on a pattern for my daughters quilt for college gratuation. She loves stars (five-pointed). Any ideas for a pattern? Have fun!!

Needled Mom said...

I am afraid that I would cancel all plans upon arrival of the new machine. I know that you will really enjoy what it can do.

Sounds like those quilters were very busy and so productive.

I'm glad that your weather has warmed up and you can enjoy the spring blooms. It was a long winter for all of you.

Karen said...

Hi there! While browing blogs this rainy afternoon, I ran across your blog on another blog. I previously had had it saved, but it disappeared. So, the bright spot in my day was finding you!

Your new machine looks similar to mine which I got last summer. It's an Innovis by Brother and I simply love it. Hope you enjoy yours too!

Hugs, Karen --(near Ann Arbor)