Thursday, April 9, 2009

Oh, no, what happen to the cookies?

Well, half of them are gone! Stephen stopped over tonight. He got a ride home from college today. Tomorrow he and his folks will go to Ann Arbor to spend Easter with his brothers. He hadn't planned to come home, so, guess what? There was only half a container of cookies left.....so a sad look!







But then, half the amount is better than none, don't you think? He seemed to think so! He had alot to tell about his Spring Break trip. He went on a cruise with his roommate's family. Beside all the touristy stuff he really enjoyed the food on the ship. He listed off all the fancy foods and how wonderful everything tasted and then how hard it was to go back to school to cafeteria food! We sure enjoyed his visit.









I have wonderfully clean windows!!!!! Gregg and MJ came over yesterday and washed all the windows, put up the gutters and hauled the large heavy flower pots out of the utility barn. Oh, how I appreciated that help. Our windows are pretty old and it is so hard to remove the screens and storms. Thanks guys!!

Visited with my friend today who was injured from the chair breaking....not much to report. The insurance company is still saying "no" and now she has an attorney! She is still hurting and is a nervous wreck and not sleeping well. Feel so bad for her.

I've been cutting a lot of 12" squares for the Tuesday group the last couple days. I've mentioned that fabric for the tops is donated. I think that some of it is very old. Today when ironing a piece I though it seemed awful narrow.....25". How old do you suppose that is? I don't remember anything that narrow in my sewing days, do you?

Must do some shopping tomorrow for Easter dinner. I've already done some cheating....bought 2 Key Lime pies from Schwan for dessert!

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

Aw....sad and glad.....how sweet!

25"? It is either very old or foreign fabric. Is it beautiful too?

Glad that the windows got all washed and ready for the beautiful spring colors outside. Doesn't it feel wonderful?

So sorry to hear that your friend is still suffering so, but am glad that she is speaking to an attorney. Thank goodness. I am the last person to recommend one unless it is blatant that there is a problem.

Have a wonderful, blessed Easter.