We had plenty of snow this weekend...8 1/2 inches....and more expected tomorrow. And, we don't have a single thing on the calender that we have to out for. It will be so nice to just stay home. Jerry blew the driveway this afternoon and I filled the bird feeder and that was the extent of our outdoor travels! The feeder got empty on Saturday I think but the weather was so nasty I didn't want to go out. I have to climb a ladder to reach the feeder roof to open. No sooner was the roof down but all the birds were back. There were 4 Jays, Cardinals, Red Headed Woodpecker and Chickadees. When the feeder is empty they usually come to the deck as if to let us know they are hungry. They didn't this time because they were probably all hunkered down under some bushes trying to stay out of the snow also.

This afternoon I caught up on a couple days of newspaper reading and the Smithsonian magazine. A nice cup of tea and the lights on the Christmas tree and that was contentment!! I see so many trees have been taken down in the neighborhood. We leave our decorations up until Epiphany. Christmas starts on Christmas Day!!
Tonight we had "fresh" food for dinner. It was nice to have leftovers but enough is enough!!
Hope that tomorrow there will be time to do some sewing. That's a part of my life that I've missed the past couple weeks.
3 comments:
Our tree is also left up until Epiphany. I really love the quiet Christmas time without the hustle and bustle. There is so much time to contemplate.
That IS a lot of snow!!!!! I hope the birds are staying toasty warm.
Happy New Year to you both!!
Beth
Happy new year! I love the snow! We don't see much here, but I think it would be so nice just to be in, watch the birds feed and hear the crackle of a fire in the fireplace....!
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment