Thursday, January 14, 2010
My heart is heavy tonight.
I have photos from another birthday dinner last night but I just can't post them. Thinking about our abundance when there is such devastation in Haiti just doesn't go well together. I've been watching television tonight and am so very sad for what that country is going through. If you have the means please donate to one of the many worthy organizations that are helping the people of Haiti. There is the Red Cross and I'm sure many of your church denominations have relief groups. Our donation has gone to our Lutheran, ELCA Disaster Response. 100 % goes for immediate on ground relief. (www.elca.org) And last, but certainly not least, all the people of Haiti and relief workers need our prayers. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
The news gets worse by the day. I cannot imagine where they will even begin to pick up the pieces.
It is so sad. For those that cannot donate we can pray for them all!
I agree Mom...everytime I watch the news I just cry...it's sooo sad.
That was the first thing that I did, was to give to the Red Cross! I can't imagine what it will take to get them back up and going.
I can't imagine what they are going thru, even tho we are seeing the devastation all the time on the news. I like contributing to the Red Cross, because I feel they are the best means to get help for these people. My heart is heavy also! We must pray for them, especially the children, and I think of the mothers who can't find their children, and the children who are left alone in the world.
Post a Comment