Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

This is a small (12x12) quilt I made last year. Made a card for Jerry tonight.
He bought me this orchid plant the other day. He really wanted to buy roses but I asked for an orchid instead. Was that bad of me to ask for something different?? I love roses but sometimes they don't even last a week....and I really wanted an orchid. There are about 6 buds yet to open.

Have you been watching the Olympics? Tonight I kept one eye on the TV and the other on my sewing. Guess cockiness set in...thought everything was going great...suddenly I realized a whole row had been sewn without bobbin thread. That is what happens when it is about midnight! Hope to finish it tomorrow ...with thread in the bobbin.

Anja was over the other evening. She hadn't seen the big roll of batting before so it was playtime. She climbed and jumped on it and pretended it was a bed. She directed me to hold it in place so it wouldn't keep rolling over. Such fun!!
She is a ham too and wanted her picture taken in many poses. After about a dozen I called quits.



Linda's thyroid surgery went fine. The doctor called the next day and said "no cancer" and she could fill the prescription for the meds she will take forever. We're so thankful for the outcome.



4 comments:

Val said...

Thank the Lord for Lindas surgery. My daughter has to take meds for that too. Cute pictures of Anja! Where do you get that big roll of batting? I think I have read about it before. It is huge! I love your orchid! I asked my hubby not to get me any flowers this year. He usually gets rose bushes for me but I told him not to. Sweet card though. Happy Valentines Day.

Needled Mom said...

I am so glad that Linda's surgery went so well.

Yes, I think an orchid would be much better than roses. Plus....it will bloom again with proper care.

Anja is growing up too fast. I think you need to put a brick on her head!!!

Your airport journey home sounds like it was a nightmare. I am sure the TSA is doing a great job in most cases, but they need to see some of the issues involved with travelers like Jerry.

We love Trader Joes out here. They were our life savers when the grocery stores went on strike a few years ago during the holiday season. Many people were so angry and have stuck with TJs, not returning to the bigger stores.

Carole Burant said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you as well:-) Anja really looks like she's having a fun time...wish I could have joined her on the roll of batting, it sure does look comfy! lol Glad to hear that Linda's surgery went well! xoxo

prashant said...

I think you need to put a brick on her head!!!
post free classifieds