We were concerned about the weight of our large suitcase so I had a tote bag filled ready to pull out and use as a carry-on. It weighed 50.0 pounds. Can you imagine being right on the button?Jerry had some problems getting through the security check. He missed a dime at the bottom of a pocket, forgot to take off his watch and forgot his insulin. So he had to go into the glassed in room and wait to be wanded. His hand is still numb from a stroke and couldn't feel the dime! Then the TSA fellow felt something under his pants by his knees...kept feeling and using the wand...and the buzzer was sounding. Jerry was wearing cords....the seam allowance was thick...and the fellow didn't believe that it was a seam. He was running the wand up and down
so much I'm wondering if there was static electricity. He asked Jerry if he was sure he hadn't had hip or knee surgery. The equipment must have really been cranked up. Then Jerry had to bend the pants waist band out so the wand could go over it....buzzing again. I saw Jerry was having trouble standing without support so I walked over to give him his cane. Whooo, I stepped over a line that I hadn't noticed so was scolded! Another lady was waiting for her husband who had a pacemaker. There we were holding our husband's shoes and we both started to giggle...not too loud though....husbands don't like that! Finally success. We had a ways to walk to the plane and up a ramp so Jerry is pretty exhausted today. He has never had a problem before. Three times after 9/11 I was the one checked. One fellow even went through my wallet. I know, I know, I'm just telling you what happened and the TSA is doing an important job to protect us. Even old folks like us could be up to something I suppose. Stephen was at our airport to meet us and give us a ride home. Sooo nice.
Friday Mike met us for lunch at TGIF's. There wasn't time for Linda to drop us off at home after lunch because she had a pre-opp appointment at a hospital so we people watched for awhile. Linda has thyroid surgery next week.
This photo is for Marcos and his Mom. He helped shop for the purse hanger for my birthday.He was so cute opening the package for me and was so proud of it. I had a hanger many years ago and don't know what happened to it. Happy to have a new one. I've read that one of the dirtiest places is the bottom of a purse. We have to put them down on some pretty unclean areas. When in a restaurant I've been resting my purse on the top of my shoes when there isn't another chair. Thanks Marcos and Em.
We went to Trader Joe's. Love that place! I have about 6 good sized tote bags from Jerry's days going to trade shows that are my "green" grocery bags. Don't you think this bag will add a little color and pizazz to the bland taupe bags now in use?
One day last week we went to Queen Creek Olive Mill.The first time we went there it was a small place on a dusty road in the desert. There are changes and updates each time we go and so many more people visiting. It was crowded when we were there. Linda needed some hot pepper olive oil that Phil likes his eggs fried in. We did some sampling. They have some balsamic vinegars also.....a strawberry one was delicious. It was very expensive.....oh,well, no more room in the luggage. That would have put us over the 50lb. limit anyway.
There is always such a pile of mail to go through after a trip. There was a card from our income tax preparer with an appointment date of the 11th. Dear me, that is Thursday. This afternoon I got papers and files all laid out to start getting ready for the appt. Then I remembered another piece of mail saying something about the IRS giving their company an extension of time to mail out their forms. Hadn't thought it meant us as recipients of those forms...but it did. So, guess that means we call tomorrow for a change of date.Hmm, spell check doesn't like the word wanded but I think you know what I mean!?!

5 comments:
A+ on your "link"! Keep it up!
I know your glad to be home but thanks for coming out for the two week stay. Any less time than that would not be getting the most out of the cost of a plane ticket! Even if you did get it on sale!!!
love you so much! linda
Glad you both had a good visit and glad that you are home safely.
Loved all your updates. Looks like you had a very nice trip. I hope Grandpa gets lots of good rest in this week to recover :)
Sounds like you have a great time and could even find humor at the airport. Glad you and hubby are home safely.
Take care.
Welcome home and it sounds like you had a lovely time on your trip. Poor Jerry, I can well imagine how uncomfortable he felt while having trouble getting through security. I know airports do it for our own safety but geez sometimes I think they go overboard.
I had never seen one of those purse hangers until a few weeks ago when I was at a restaurant and this lady had one. I thought it was so neat and such a great idea. The next time I'm in town I'll have to look around for one. As you say, we tend to put our purses down without even thinking how dirty the floor is! xoxo
Post a Comment