Friday, June 11, 2010

Flowers in my yard.

But first the picture I took last night just before starting to machine quilt this quilt. I'm 3/4th of the way finished. It has to be finished by the 19th so I'm feelin' good that there won't have to be a last minute rush to finish!Soren was over this morning and we got 2 hours of work in before a hard rain fell. We have a sassafras in our back yard. The poor thing has been trying for years to grow "lots" of baby sassafras trees. I pull them out every spring but got behind this year so Soren did it for me. He also edged the driveway.

With all the rain we've had the slugs and sow bugs have demolished the petunias in the ground. They are working on the basil too. I've sprayed so hope that will help. The lilacs opened to really hot weather so picking time was very short. The various kinds of iris opened just before I went to WI and a rain storm beat them down. But all the lilies are looking good....these are the first to open.
The hydrangia bushes are loaded. This was a blue plant when I got it and I want blue again so better get some proper fertilizer!
Drawf dalhia.
Begonia hanging thing. I know there is a certain name!
Drawf marigold. I wanted big marigolds and giant zinnias but haven't found any.
Tuberous begonia. Don't you just love that color?
The foxglove has been blooming for 2 weeks.
Back to sewing!!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love looking a flowers. They are so spirit lifting! Thanks for sharing them.

Phil and Linda said...

Who is the quilt for on the 19th?

Needled Mom said...

The flowers are all so pretty. Isn't is such a welcomed sight?