Thursday, June 17, 2010

My first "modern quilt"!

I've been reading about the modern quilt movement. I'm not real sure what it all means but I think this fits into that category. While looking for ideas for a quilt for a shower gift I ran across a picture of one of AmandaJean's quilts (crazymomquilts.blogspot.com). She called it a modern quilt and the June/July issue of Quilter's Home also talks about modern. Well, Amanda's quilt was even the colors I was going to use! Here it is washed and dried 3 whole days before the shower.The quilt was fun to make...easy to cut and piece. I've never done an overall straight line quilting before. There are some wobbles but I'm not going to take out the stitches!

This has kept me busy the last few days. Now back to weeding!

6 comments:

Mama Spark said...

Lovin'it. What a great quilt!!

Needled Mom said...

It looks fabulous. I know it will be loved!

Tamara said...

Love it! Very cool :)
-tam

Rhonda said...

Looks great from here. I've heard of modern quilts but hadn't investigated. Love the colors!!!

Shelina said...

It is a beautiful quilt - great colors!

elsie123 said...

Very nice!