Sunday, June 27, 2010

I LOVE Lilies!!

Yes, I do. There are so many varieties and they are so easy to grow. I love the ones with a strong fragrance. They bother some people but not me! They last a long time on the stalk and a long time as cut flowers. The burgundy lilies were the first to bloom and I neglected to get photos. We had a few bad storms with wind and rain and they got pretty much beat up. These 6 are blooming today. You probably can still see the water drops from another rain this morning. We're not having to spend much on sprinkling this year!!




And here is the Hydrangea that I treated to some lime. In a couple days the flowers were turning blue. Actually the photo doesn't show how blue they really are. The little guy on the fence post oversees the flowers along the fence!
I'm working on a red/white/blue wall hanging to hang on the front porch. Better hurry or the 4th will have come and gone! I did have a r/w/b out for Memorial Day but took it down right away. It has seen too much sun from other years and looks pretty dingy.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

OMG Lois, the lillies are beautiful. I, too, love lillies. My grandmother's day lillies still bloom even after 60 some odd years.
Thanks for sharing the photos.

Needled Mom said...

You guys have had a lot of rain, but if it produces such luscious lilies I would say it is worth it. They are gorgeous and I would love to smell them.