Anja is blowing out her cupcake. You can see the tutu that she wore all afternoon over her cute little outfit. Just checked the pictures and guess I didn't get the one that really showed....and I'm not going to try to get the other picture posted. I've already had problems trying to post Bill's really good pictures from his flickr. Maybe they aren't meant to work. I froze up the computer for an hour.
Bill called last week and asked if I would mind having having a puppy cake with Anja. I thought that would be fun thinking of a cut up and put together puppy. Should have known it wouldn't be like that. Bill loves to try new things and went for the elegant this time. He used fondant and had puppies running around the cake.
Brrrr it is so cold. I don't feel like going anywhere. We've had 65 inches of snow this winter. We're fortunate that we've had warm spells with rain that melted all the snow twice or we'd really be up to our eyeballs with the white stuff.
I've had a house full of quilters the last 2 Tuesdays. We've gotten a lot done. Have 6 finished quilts, many squares cut, and much fabric ironed. Both days someone spent the whole time ironing. The donations we get are usually in bags and are pretty wrinkled. I haven't gotten to any of my quilting though. I've signed up for the Ziggy Swap so have to get started on that soon.
The Secret Life of Bee's was our Book Club read for January and was well liked. We're thinking of having a movie night since no one has seen the movie. None of our husband's are interested so it will be a girls night. I've almost finished One Perfect Day. It is heart wrenching. A mother having to donate her young son's organs and another mother knowing that the heart that will save her daughter is coming from a family that is heartbroken. Shed more than a few tears! The March book will be Some Kind of Different as Me. Can't remember the authors names right now. The West MI Lakeshore libraries have selected the 2009 Read Along book....Stealing Buddha's Dinner by Bich Minh Nguyen. The author grew up in Grand Rapids and tells about her struggle as an Vietnamese to fit in as a teenager in the '80's. Sounds good.

3 comments:
You and Anja are just precious in your tiaras. And that cake! Love it. Glad it is you with all the snow; we are just cold here for now. Sounds like you have been very busy. Try to stay warm!
Well, don't you girls look glamorous in your tiaras! I think you should wear one more often! Like on those days you need to feel good about yourself...and remember that YOU ARE THE QUEEN at your house!
Anja is adorable! What a great age! cherish those times together!
Loved Secret Lives of Bees...read it a couple of years ago, haven't seen the movie YET! I'll have to write down the names of your other books...we're always looking for my Bookworms. We're about to read THE GROUP.
Wish we had snow....
HI G'Gma - thanks for the comment on my bean bag contest! I really enjoy keeping up with your quilting and blog since I participated in the quilt-a-long. I guess I didn't realize you were from Michigan - West MI? I am from East Lansing. We just had a GREAT day learning how to cross country ski. I am originally from Kentucky so this has been a real treat. Stay warm!
Post a Comment