Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The quilters at the inauguration!

Well, not quite there in person but I'll bet we had a better view. And, we were warm! With just a little rearranging we all could see the television. Just turning one of the sewing machines around for Pam, moving the ironing board for Violet and with those tying only working on 3 sides of the table everyone was happy.

When we went upstairs for lunch we once again moved furniture so everyone had a view of the TV. Just as I put the casserole on the table and took the rolls out of the oven the benediction started. Oh well, cold rolls were OK!! Conversation was that we pray that our new President will do well. His success will mean success for us and our country. We have high hopes.

As you can see, we do get some work done besides a lot of chatter, laughter, and delicious food. We take turns furnishing lunch.
Are you tired of snow pictures? We're tired of the snow. At least the past 2 days we've had sun and that makes us all feel better!!
There hasn't been much wind lately so the snow just piles straight up. It looked so funny to see 8 inches of snow on the top of a 4" sq. top of a fence post. This is one of my hanging herb pots that I didn't get moved. The snow has settled but still is over 12 inches.

My geraniums are blooming. So nice to have the color. I miss not having a poinsettia. Purchased one for the Christmas decorations at church and haven't brought it home yet.

Oh, me, oh, my, I did it again! Didn't mean that underline.

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

You got a lot more accomplished than the folks who actually attended the event did. Plus you were WARM!!!!

You poor souls with all that snow. It has certainly been a winter to remember. I am sure that it hasn't warmed up enough to begin to melt any of it.

The red and white geraniums look so pretty and festive.

Kim said...

What a nice way to gather together for such an important day, and, you made good use of the time while observing the inauguration. I thought it was a real nice day and I have hope for good things, may not be not easy to obtain but there is hope. I love to see geraniums in winter. I hold my bare roots over the winter and replant in the spring. Works pretty well most of the time.

Thanks for visiting me at Stillmeadow Quilting. I wonder if you could add your email address so when you comment we can reply. :D

Carol in Sweden said...

It brought a smile to my face thinking of you quilters there with President Obama with you! If he only knew....

SEND US SNOW TO SKåNE...we would like some instead of all this rain!

Hope Missy continues to heal!