Thursday, January 22, 2009

The "CHAIR" has arrived!

We have this new giant chair in the family room now. It really is big so we've had to move some furniture out of the room and do some rearranging. Jerry doesn't have the buttons all figured out yet and wasn't about to do the lift part until he is ready to go to bed so no pictures!!

The chair has 2 motors, one for the foot rest and another for the back and lift. Jerry hasn't been able to get out of any of our chairs except the wood chairs at the table. With his back problem and rotator cuff shot there is too much pain and weakness. Also, now he can lay with his legs above his heart a couple times a day, to help with the edema. We have high hopes that this chair will make life a little easier for him.

I'll have make sure he gets he out of it once in awhile. We've got a new TV too so probably the next thing will be a mini fridge next to the chair. No, that will never happen!!!!

6 comments:

Phil and Linda said...

Wow, nice chair!!! Dad looks nice and comfy in it! Do you think you can fit it into the suitcase when you come out west on your visit? He may get too used to it before you come out and we have nothing that compares!!!Maybe we can keep his mind off his aches and pains when you guys come out by getting him Caramel Frappucinos every day and drink them out on the outside patios in the warm weather!!! Think sunny, warm weather!!!! Can't wait for your trip. love ya

Needled Mom said...

That is one nice, big chair. It sounds like it will be the answer to many of Jerry's problems. Is there room for two?????

No mini fridge??? Aw...give the guy a break!!! Guess it would be good for him to move once in a while to get something from the fridge. ;)

La Familia Lopez Robinson said...

I love how he's asleep with his finger still poised on the remote control!

Love you guys!
Em

G'G'ma said...

That is so funny Em. Hadn't noticed that before. G'pa was watching television when I made him pose in the different positions. Guess he didn't want to lose his channel!

Danetta said...

My first thought was, I need to see what kind of chair that is for my dad. Then I thought maybe I really want to know for me. Looks comfy!

Karen said...

I hope this big comfy chair helps your husband immensely. With all of its features, it may do just that.
Best wishes to you!
Karen