Worked last weekend on rearranging fabric..not mine but the church quilting group. Got 3 tops sewn for yesterday. Had quite a crowd down in our basement working. The noise level got pretty high with 10 happy women chattering and laughing. I have to take my hearing aids out and just hunker down in my corner and tend to my sewing. If any of you have hearing problems you know what too much noise can do to a person.
There is such good news about Missy's burns. She went to her folks Sunday. Her Mom is changing her bandages for her. Today they went back to the burn unit and the Dr is pleased how well Missy is healing. If she can get off the pain meds by the 19th she may be able to go back to work then. Thanks to so many prayers offered on her behalf.
My friend who had her leg amputated last year has been in the hospital 10 days with a kidney and blood infection. She remembers nothing from last week. Her Dr. said she has "turned the corner". She has been so happy to be in her own home the last few months and we hope she doesn't have to go back to a nursing home.
I've been looking up recipes for all these different beans that my brother grew. Can't fine much about the adzuki beans. I don't want to dump them all into a 7 bean soup pot. Some I'd like to try on their own.
We've had crazy weather. So much lake effect snow, then rain, ice and snow again today through the weekend. We went to church last Sunday and as we were going to step out of the car we saw and felt the black ice on the parking lot. We looked at each other and said,"I think we should go home" so we did. A fall on the ice last March was the start of all of Jerry's problems(5 bulging discs and severed rotator cuff).
Sunday will be Anja's 3rd birthday. The first 2 were spent in an orphange in Siberia.
She has really gotten into this "opening packages thing"! She has chosen a Puppy birthday cake

3 comments:
I am so glad that Missy is home with her mom. Those hands do look wonderful as far as healing goes, but still look very tender.
Like you, our tree stays up until Epiphany. I love your idea about special bags with information on the ornaments. I may have to give that a try.
I am glad that your friend has finally turned the corner. Those infections can be so deadly. That is similar to what my mother is currently dealing with. I do hope that your friend will be able to return home again.
What an exciting birthday Anja will have this time! She is at such a fun age too.
I'm glad you listened to yourself about not walking on that ice. Those falls can be so devastating as you have found out. My relatives were telling me of all the ice over the weekend in Iowa too.
Take care and stay warm.
I'm so glad to hear that Missy is doing good. Burns are so scary.
The holidays are over & I think we can all breathe a long sigh. Now back to sewing!!!!
Take care.
Wow...her hands look great...for all the damage she had! I burned myself last week (2nd degree) in one spot on my hand...was at Emergency room last night as it got infected. I kept thinging about your Missy! and feeling so thankful that my burn was so small...but it hurt like H***! I can't even imagine the pain she must have been going through all these weeks! So glad that she's healing so well!
Don't worry about that award...you were so busy! Glad you posted it though! ;-)
Our advent lights stay up until Epiphany...the tree goes out early as it makes a HUGE mess too near our fireplace for comfort.
I had a fall on ice a few years ago at my school. Not good. blood everywhere...I was talking crazy. My husband (who was there when it happened) thought I was dying and laid down on the ice with me instead of getting help! I was ok though...had to stay put for a few days. It's best not to take chances on the ice!
Can't wait to see your next projects!
Post a Comment