Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A birthday party.

It was Marcos' 3rd birthday party Saturday. All of his neighborhood friends, cousins, aunts and uncles, grandparents and great grands were there. He had a real good time. When it came time for the pinata he was too shy to try it himself, but delighted in watching all the other kids take their turn at hitting it. It's always safe to sit by Mom!!

Linnea kept up with all the older kids too. She had been practicing the Happy Birthday song all week!!
This is a disappearing nine patch quilt I'm making for a friends son and his fiance for their wedding. Most of the things on their registry is at a sporting goods store....camping equipment. Thought I'd make a flannel quilt for their camping trips. Most of the squares are finished but not on the floor. Their colors are dove gray and a blue. Was it ever hard finding fabric in the grayer shades. Don't have a backing yet. The gal at the fabric store said to check back every few days as they are just getting their flannel shipments.



I have had this Steam-A-Seam2 for a number of years and never used it until Saturday night. I should be ashamed of my telling you what I used it for. Well, when we were in AZ in March I bought a pair of brown pants. They needed a couple of inches cut off and hemmed. I know, that was months ago. I just had to get the pants hemmed 'cuz I bought a blouse to go with the pants that hadn't been worn yet either. My goodness but that stuff was easy to work with...if it lasts through a wash maybe I won't have to do any more work on the pants. We'll see!!!!







6 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Oh my, but those kids are cute!!!

I love the Steam S Seam product. I use it all the time when I have to turn a project inside out after sewing. It's perfect for closing that opening instead of whip stitching it together.

The disappearing nine patch is lovely. The colors are wonderful.

Phil and Linda said...

Okay Mom! Your trip out here "was" quite awhile ago and you haven't hemmed them yet????? For my trip back there in Sept, I'm making sure that you stay in the petite department, so hemming will not be an issue!
love ya

La Familia Lopez Robinson said...

That double sided stuff is the only way I ever hem my pants, though I tend to be rough on my clothes and they come out after a few months and I have to do it over again.

Thanks for the Marcos party photos and thanks for joining us! I especially like that first photo. If you click on it to make it larger, you can see the disaster area of a bedroom in the background. Marcos tends to be a neat guy and doesn't like things real messy. He's not OCD about it, but he definitely prefers a clean room. That was the result of about 20 neighbor kids in and out of his room. I think the next party we throw the bedroom will be off limits :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rhonda said...

Cute little ones.
It's amazing how that nine-patch when cut in a certain way, looks so different.....LOL

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.