Friday, July 3, 2009

Where is my pin cushion?!



Somewhere in this mess, I suppose. I was so careful and organized as I was moving everything out of the gameroom in preparation to have the carpet removed. Then things got out of hand. Where was there going to be room for everything? This is just one corner of the fabric room...can't get far enough in to take a pic of the other side. The pin cushion was found but not until some stuff was moved. There is stuff in the furnace room and a storage room. Looking back at the word "gameroom" I'm thinking that we don't do any gaming here. Maybe after the new carpet gets down we should call this our studio/office. Think that has a nice sound to it!!!

The bare floor. Gregg and Mary Jane were here this morning and got all the carpet pulled up for us. I'll bet they are really tired tonight. They got it all cut into pieces that are easy to handle so we can put a few pieces into the garbage each week. Don't think the garbage company would like to have a full can of carpet . Thanks Gregg and MJ.
Em, Sergio, Marcos and their friends from Mexico after our dinner
out by the lake Monday.


Here we are....the "old folks"!


Linnea loved the homemade ice cream at Marcia's on Father's Day

I went for a walk around the yard with my camera this afternoon.
Everything is looking much better than 2 weeks ago after the storm.


This is the third year for these geraniums. They spend the winter under a
flouresent light.

































5 comments:

shanna said...

Pretty flowers.

Phil and Linda said...

Glad to see that Gregg and MJ were able to get the carpet up for you! I'll be anxious to see what the new carpet looks like. Hope it will be soon for you. I hate having my house in disarray during one of Phil's house projects! love ya

Needled Mom said...

Oh goodness, isn't new carpeting a real pain in the process? It will be lovely when it is finished. A "studio" has such a nice ring to it.

The ice cream looks pretty yummy and the flowers are looking really nice.

Val said...

Isn't it amazing how much stuff we have. I have been moving stuff around too and have lost several things. I fixed a place to store the stuff that I don't need. I was amazed how many things I took down to storage. It makes me wonder if I really need all this stuff. But your pin cushion? You need that for sure. Hope you have a Happy Fourth of July.

Karen said...

Hope you found the pin cushion! We quilters do have lots of stuff, don't we? Enjoy the new carpet!
Karen