What a storm we had the 19th!!! We got 10 inches of rain in 20 hours and the power was off for 36 hours. We only had a small amount of water in our basement. Many people were not as fortunate. In our township many trees were uprooted, trees fell on houses and cars and there was water across the street at the end of our block for 5 days. In town some streets gave way and sewers backed up into the basements of houses and condos. Businesses were flooded and schools had water in lower levels...many millions of dollars of damage. It was sad to see all the carpet and wet stuff out by the street for the trash pick-up. Our daughter lost all their basement carpeting. They rented a dumpster. I'll bet that every dumpster rental place in West Mi had their equipment out someplace.
When the power came back the HD TV and Internet didn't work. They and the phone are all bundled. After hours on the phone one gal told Jerry the TV problem was probably the converter box and to go to the office and have it exchanged. That worked. The problem with the Internet was probably the power cord so we went to Radio Shack to buy one. Didn't work. OK, go to the local Charter and get a new motem. Did that. Didn't work. We were on the schedule for a serviceman July 10th but last night we got a call saying there was a cancellation for this morning and a repairman would be here around 10. He came and got it fixed. The new motem would have worked if the the NEW cord that came in the box would have worked!!! Should I tell you where it was manufactured?!
We're having a fun week. Monday Emily, Sergio and little Marcos were here with their friends (2couples) from Mexico. They all had been to a wedding over the weekend in WI. The gals are just getting interested in quilting so Emily brought them here to see my quilts and then we went shopping at the fabric store. They said they can't buy many tools or fabric in Morelia. Evidently twice a year quilting teachers come to town and bring supplies with them. How fortunate we are to have such access to all our needs...and wants! We all went out for dinner together after the shopping trip. Such nice young couples.
Yesterday friends from southern MI were here for lunch and a visit. Hadn't seen them in over a year so we had a lot to talk about.
Tonight I've been quilting a baby quilt for the shower next week. Gotta get that finished.
I haven't been very good about taking pictures lately. Maybe I'll have some for the next post.
Oh, my, this is so much fun being back online. I've started visiting some of the blogs I visit and it's like hearing from old friends. Good to be back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hi G'G'........glad you back up and running. Storm...what's that...LOL.....here in central Texas it's HOT & I mean very warm. I'm responding to your comment about embroidery.....it takes me longer to find a design on the Internet & get it downloaded than it does to stitch it out.....LOL....I love that machine! BTW...your name's in the hat! Take care.
Oh goodness....what a spell you have had. Isn't it interesting how much we need our "toys" that we take for granted most of the time? Life can be so frustrating without them.
I'm glad that you suffered little damage (compared to others) and that you are now back up and running.
Welcome back MOM! Where are the pics!!!!
ZZ
批發
seo
網路行銷
UE
情趣用品
提供上千種成人商品線上購物服務--專營情趣商品、男女自慰用品、性感睡衣、情趣用品批發、自慰套、SM商品、逼真情趣娃娃、跳蛋、按摩棒、同志用品、TENGA飛機杯..,可線上刷卡及貨到付款。 ... 收到的東西會有情趣用品的字樣嗎? 轉帳之後,如何通知這筆款項是我付的
導航
Hi there ! You must have had quite a storm....lots of rain. Glad you're back online once again.
Thanks for visiting my blog....I have no doubt that you won't catch up with the 9-patch blocks. They are so addictive! I made 15 this week, but so far haven't photographed them. Maybe tomorrow!
Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment