Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Cleaned the house and no one came!
Tuesday is the church quilting day. The house was clean by 10 o'clock, flowers were on the table and 3 quilt tops were ready for tying. I knew 3 gals couldn't come but expected the other 3. I bound a kids quilt for a Safe House and one for Lutheran World Relief and still no one came. Not even the person who had said she would bring lunch today. She will die of embarrassment when she remembers she was bringing food. At noon Jerry and I went out for lunch!! We had been invited to go to a friends farm sometime today to get strawberries so went there. My garden shoes and jeans were in the car along with a pad for kneeling to pick berries. What a surprise to find that they had already picked 11 quarts which they gave to us. The berries aren't large berries but WOW do they taste wonderful. Sorry CA readers but the CA berries we buy in the store just can't compare to home grown MI berries. We weren't very hungry tonight so just had strawberry shortcake with REAL whipped cream. Yum.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wow! Those look great! Yum Yum.
Wow, I second that! Can you shoot some out to AZ!
love ya,
I so agree with you about the strawberries. The ones they grow now are so tasteless due to the need to grow ones that are not as perishable. We grow our own and they are so much more flavorful than those "plastic" tasting ones.
Sorry that no one showed up for your quilting get together. Your friend will die when she remembers that she was responsible for the food.
I would have loved to come over and join you. I bet I could learn a lot from you. Thanks for commenting on my block. I love it when you stop by.
Post a Comment