Monday, June 16, 2008

It was Monday and soooo...

Isn't it amazing how something can start out so innocently and suddenly it is a regular habit? That's how our trips to Starbucks started out. There are 5 of us who started visiting our friend in the nursing home. Peggy is the one I've mentioned before who had one lower leg amputated. She now had a boot for the other foot that is also bad. Now she can start therapy so she can transfer herself. Well, our visiting days seemed to always be Monday. Then ,"let's stop at Starbucks" and pretty soon it was a Monday thing. There it is a habit on Mondays!My favorite is a Mint Mocha Chip Frappuccino with Chocolate Whipped Cream Topping. And here it is. It is a small one though...really.

4 comments:

Phil and Linda said...

Oh, my god! Did you have to take a picture of it! You know where I'm stopping on the way home. Actually, it's my favorite too. Particularily the chocolate whipped cream. Last week when I stopped, the gal at the drive thru window said that she had just ran out of chocolate whipped cream. I said that's okay, I'll wait in line until you make more. She said "Okay". I got quite a backup of cars behind me. The Starbucks Drive-Thru is always packed with people picking up "travelers" for their ride home out here in Arizona!
love ya

Roxanne said...

Ooh, that looks yummy!! Sounds like a very fun habit to me!

Donna said...

isn't it amazing how quickly we make things into routines and patterns. :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Beth said...

Oh, I understand PERFECTLY! My Starbucks in inside the local grocery store...do you know how HARD it is to pass it by on your way in and out for milk/ eggs/ bread!? Lucky for me its right by my son's school...and not close, so I'm SAFE for the summer! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like yours too! Beth @ bzyqltr.blogspot.com