The other one has a bit of history to it. Some years ago while looking for a thread box near her sewing machine I pulled out a bag that had these appliqued squares in it. I asked Elaine if she had sewed them. She said that her mother was working on them when she died in the 30's. Elaine said she thought she'd finish them but just never got around to it. I asked if I could make a wall hanging for her out of the squares. She said, "Oh my, yes". So I did and it has hung in her living room ever since. I made smaller hanging for Jerry's sisters. There are a few squares left but some aren't in very good condition...some soiled and some with a different background fabric. I'm sure the floral fabric is from feed sacks.
While strolling through blogland today I discovered Canton Village Quilt Works. I forgot how to link to the address so here it is: cvquiltworks.blogspot.com/ She has a giveaway going on with a wonderful prize. She is a longarm quilter and will quilt for free any quilt up to a twin size. Would I love that!!
Made a few more cards tonight. Now the rest of June is taken care of and all of July
Now back to quilting and planting...yes I'm still not finished planting my flowers. I had a couple of flats to plant when we went to MN and after we got home the rains came. Much of the soil washed out of the flats. The roots looked like a balled up mess of string. We did have some water in the basement too. It came in a window well.
My prayers go out to the thousands of people in WI, IA, IL, and IN who have been flooded out of their homes. I just can't imagine how awful that must be.
Oh, goodness, I just did a preview and see I can't do a scan and post either. Need a lesson on that!!

1 comment:
I am always needing lessons on this blogging adventure. Sometimes I get so frustrated with the whole thing.
The quilts are both lovely. Those old feedsack fabrics are always so intersting. To imagine buying your flour, etc. by choosing your fabrics is an interesting concept. I wish they still did it that way.
Hope you are drying out. We are currently driving to Iowa and am worried to see how things are. We are going for a wedding close to Cedar Rapids and my relatives have sent us photos. YIKES! I think I should be bringing a boat.
Post a Comment