I sputter about them all the time. I know in the larger scheme of life it is no big deal but this week they made me mad. They've done so much damage. They've chewed off the whole stock of a lily...6 blossoms..plus I've found other blossoms just laying on the ground. Some recent plantings have been dug up...coleus, begonia, dust miller, hen an' chicks and impatients. This empty pot had a beautiful yellow tuberous begonia just cut off and laying on the deck.
Hope this new one will last. Maybe the white rocks will deter the diggers.
Is everyone else plagued by mosquitoes after all the rain we've had? They come at a person as though they were attacking. Tried one hint about using Listerine as a deterrent. I spread some on my arms and it worked great..........until it dried in a few minutes! The mosquitoes were even under my glasses and in my hair. S used OFF this week when he mowed and that didn't work. Hear there is a patch...may look into that.
Sorry for the complaining!! Have a bug and critter free day.

1 comment:
My mother has the same problems with squirrels. They want to bury pinecones in all of her pots.
I got eaten alive in the Midwest by mosquitoes. I am so glad that we do not have them here. They were as big as birds there (well, almost!!!!).
Post a Comment