Thursday, September 4, 2008

Home perms



I don't think there are many of us who still do our own perms. My first perm was a Toni, it was 1948 and cost $2.00. Some place along the line I went to Rave and now use Lilt. Think the most recent Lilt was $6.26. My biggest problem is finding the perms. There is usually a floor to top of rack and 10 to 15 foot display of hair coloring which I don't need. Somewhere in the midst of that is my box. If it is on the bottom shelf I have to get on my hands and knees because it isn't up at the front...have to reach way in to get a box out. Then if it is on the top shelf there is a wait for a fairly tall person to come along who hopefully will be kind enough to reach one, or three if there are that many. I don't know how much shop perms are but I must have saved a bundle of money through the years. Don't know where that bundle is....must have been enough to buy a longarm quilting machine though. Throw in the money saved by cutting my own hair for 60 years too, yah, that should be quite a pile of money!! Don't know where it is, been lookin' all over..sob sob. I have had 3 shop perms and 5 cuts during those 60 years.


It is really raining today...was badly needed so we are happy. Maybe this is from Gustav. Late yesterday afternoon when the sprinklers were on and the sun getting lower in the sky I tried to take some pictures of the fine mist. Some of it looks like scratches on the camera lens.

1 comment:

Val said...

I haven't had a perm in a while. I have thought about getting one though. I am like you. We try to save money, but where does it go?? I have been anxiously awaiting your post. Glad you are back.