This week I've used up some of the fruit purchased at the Farmers Market last Sat. Froze most of the blueberries but did make a pie and some muffins. We ate some and froze the rest.Today I made half a pear/ginger pie in a small casserole dish with no crust but with a topping. Also tried a new recipe for pear/orange marmalade. We really like it so have to make more. Right now a kettle of cauliflower/cheese soup is on the stove. Cooler weather does that to me...wanting to bake and cook soup.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Thriftin'
I've been reading so many blogs lately about thrifting and have never shopped at thrift stores. Figured I had enough stuff and should probably be delivering stuff instead of taking home. It was so nice and cool today so headed off for a walk but only got 2 houses down the street when I met up with at neighbor getting her news paper. We had a nice conversation and then she told me she was headed off to a thrift store in town and that I should go with her. Got some money for my pocket and off we went...she was there yesterday too!! It was a very nice store, clean and displayed so well. To shorten my story, this is what I got. The children's books were needed for when the great grands and the grands come over. The ribbon was needed because I used up the last recently. The books were needed...for me to read! That leaves the sampler...that was a "just because". And it all cost only $5.25!!
This week I've used up some of the fruit purchased at the Farmers Market last Sat. Froze most of the blueberries but did make a pie and some muffins. We ate some and froze the rest.Today I made half a pear/ginger pie in a small casserole dish with no crust but with a topping. Also tried a new recipe for pear/orange marmalade. We really like it so have to make more. Right now a kettle of cauliflower/cheese soup is on the stove. Cooler weather does that to me...wanting to bake and cook soup.

This week I've used up some of the fruit purchased at the Farmers Market last Sat. Froze most of the blueberries but did make a pie and some muffins. We ate some and froze the rest.Today I made half a pear/ginger pie in a small casserole dish with no crust but with a topping. Also tried a new recipe for pear/orange marmalade. We really like it so have to make more. Right now a kettle of cauliflower/cheese soup is on the stove. Cooler weather does that to me...wanting to bake and cook soup.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I don't thrift often either but I do sometimes find books at a great price. I have a friend who goes to the Goodwill almost daily and comes away very often with a really super deal on some great stuff. Looks like you found some good bargains on your visit.
Oh my goodness! I am hungry! Your goodies look delicious! I need to stop by the thrift store too and see if I can find some deals.
Food looks great Mom! Sure wish that I could just pop over for a visit! Leave some in the freezer for my "next" visit.
love ya
I, too, keep reading about all the great deals at the thrift shops. I should give it a try.
The baking looks wonderful. That marmalade sounds terrific too. Are you going to post the recipe? Hint!
I always did my mom's perms for her. She finally changed her hairdo about 8 years ago. Too bad that you did not put the cost of a salon perm and cut away each time you did it yourself. Wouldn't a longarm be nice to see how much you saved?
Post a Comment