Can you believe the size of that roll of batting? It contains 70 yards of 3.5 oz, 60 in. wide batting. When it arrived a note said to open immediately..what a fluffy explosion! The package was quite small and hard like a punching bag. Now why would I say that? I've never touched a punching bag but think that is what one feels like. The chair is in the photo so you can see the size.
When I first heard about The Oklee Quilting Supply Co I thought OK must mean Oklahoma. What a surprise to see it was from MN. Coming from MN and not having heard of that town I had to google it. Oklee only has 300+ residents!! That roll will make many quilts for Lutheran World Relief.
This was the quilt for this weeks drawing. Now on to one for next week!!

5 comments:
I think you'll be doing alot of quilting with all that batting........LOL.....Wow! It's good to know where you can buy in bulk.
Wow....that is a lot of batting. Where will you store it all? They must use one of those fancy bags that vacuum all the air out to make it small and hard. Enjoy all the quilting.
I have never saw anything like that. It is amazing. Where do you keep it?
Thank you so much for your award! I've been sort of offline for the past week (blogging but not reading blogs and e-mail) so I came visiting today. I loved your post about the batting! Only once did my friend order a roll that big (for all of us to use) and the deliveryman was stunned when he brought it since it wasn't packed down nicely as yours was. She moved it upstairs but in small Japanese houses that meant that her family couldn't use their upstairs bathroom for nearly 6 months since they couldn't get by it in the hallway!
Well written article.
Post a Comment