Don't think I'm mentioned how some of Jerry's x-rays, MRI's etc came out. The back has 5 bulging discs (from age) and he can get shots at the pain clinic. The pain in the thigh from the fall on ice in March is being treated with deep heat and message at the rehab. The rotator cuff (from the fall at a rest stop in WI) is not connected to anything. The surgeon doesn't believe there is anything to attach since the muscle is shredding and retracted. He has had one shot in the shoulder and will get another in 3 weeks. He is feeling better than last month.
Three weeks ago I got a stress fracture in my foot. Of course I didn't realize what is was and didn't go to the doctor for 2 weeks. The pain isn't bad now but I have to be careful how I walk and not step on the front of my foot. Guess my bones are pretty thin. So much for the Actonel, Viactive and calcium orange juice I've been taking. The doctor built up some padding on my arch support. It is a bummer not being able to go for a walk in this beautiful fall weather and it is hard for me to iron sitting down. But, on the upside...I'm getting a vacation from cooking. No, Jerry isn't cooking! The freezer is full of all kinds of food from Schwan's and it is really pretty good. This week we've had Beef Pot Pie, Chicken Enchilada's with Spanish rice, Taco Soup and tonight we're having Stuffed Chicken Kiev. I don't know if we can last until the next delivery day....we may have to track down a driver on another route.
Tonight I'm going to sew the binding on next weeks Drawing Quilt. Another one is pieced and ready to be sewn together, another one is cut out and ready to piece and two more have the fabric ironed and ready to cut. I'm making eight all together.
Since I don't have something recent to show here are 3 small pieces I gave to Linda years ago. She recently took pictures and sent them to me. I never used to take photos of anything I gave away and can't remember what all I've done.

6 comments:
I love those star blocks! Beautiful job!
I love Schwann's also. I got some of their breaded shrimp last time and it is delicious, and lasts for several meals, since they are so large. Sorry about Jerry's problems and your stress fracture. Take care of you!
I've seen your chest freezer mom! If you carefully get on the "tippy" toes of your good foot and grab hold of the edge of the freezer, lean over the edge into the freezer and stick your hand deep into the bottom! I know for a fact, that something good would come up to eat for a few more evenings before the Schwann man's next visit.
Make sure that you let Dad know where you are though, in case you fall in!!!! love ya
Grandma...I'm SO taking a picture of my graduation quilt for you to post!
Thinking of you, always. I love your blocks.
I hope you and Jerry get well soon. I love Schwan's too! Stop by and check out my giveaway. I am participating with about 40 others giving away quilty items. Good luck!
I'm glad that the sewing is not bothered by the fracture, but OUCH! That cannot feel good.
Five bulging discs must also be terribly uncomfortable. I am glad that Jerry is feeling better despite the diagnosis.
It sounds like your son and DIL got a lot accomplished in two hours. What a relief it must be to have it done. It must have been fun to enjoy Linnea while they were working.
Post a Comment