Sunday, December 21, 2008

And the blizzard continues!

We had snow and drifting snow all night and all day. It is to continue through the night until sometime tomorrow. Almost all churches were closed this morning except those that have a lot of neighborhood members that may walk in. Schools that haven't already closed for Christmas break have already announced their closing for tomorrow. Very very cold too.


This afternoon I made 4 tea rings and a loaf of Julbrod with dried mixed fruit and almonds. The 1st tea ring was just cool enough to add the icing when we realized that someone was blowing our driveway. It wasn't Bud because this fellow was shorter. He was so bundled up we couldn't figure out who he was. I quick wrapped up one of the rings and brought it outside. Turns out it was another neighbor a couple houses down the street. He said he loves to plow snow!!! Don't we have great neighbors? I think he was happy to receive the bread too. Wrapped gifts tonight. Soren and Anya will stay with us tomorrow night. Had to get the guest bedroom cleared of all the unwrapped gifts.
Bill is having back surgery early Tuesday morning. He has had trouble with with his back for awhile. A disk has ruptured and is so painful that he doesn't want to wait until after Christmas since he could be scheduled this week. Prayers for his surgery and recovery are most welcome!! Thank you.

3 comments:

Phil and Linda said...

That's what I forgot to make! That looks so good. I made Swedish Raisen Rye Bread yesterday. Oh Yum. Fresh out of the oven with butter slathered on! To die for!!! Homemade bread is a real comfort food. How nice of your other neighbor to do that for you and Dad. Bud must have said something to him. Sounds to me, like you need to keep baking and packaging for the freezer, for quick "thank-yous"!
love ya, linda

Karen said...

Beautiful baked specialties! I can almost catch a whiff of this. I am baking today, banana whole wheat bread with hand-picked hickory nuts and dinner rolls for Christmas day (they are currently rising).
Have you gotten more snow since your last posting about it? We have more coming today and tomorrow. It will definitely be a WHITE Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Val said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you all during the surgery. My daughter just had foot surgery which is nothing like back surgery but it has been so painful for her. She is doing good though. I hope it all goes well with Bill. Merry Christmas!