Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Two more quilts finished

Yes, I finished two but only have one picture. This is one of the quilts for the church quilting group drawing. Terry wanted this one to wrap up in while she was reading...probably one of our book club books. It is flannel front and back and the box in a box pattern. I also finished the Batman quilt last week. I know I took a picture but must have deleted it from the camera before entering it in the computer. It has already been delivered to my granddaughter to take to a little boy who loves Batman.


I took this picture of Linnea just before she and her Mom left on Sunday. She is such a happy content baby. She smiles, jabbers, plays, eats well and slept through the night all 3 nights she was here. Jill is such a good mother. She talks to Linnea all the time, tells her what is going on, what something is used for, what she is eating and why it is good for her! L has just learned to shake her head for "yes". It is so cute because it has to be such a deliberate movement. Have I bragged too much??

I'm still working at getting all the Christmas decorations unpacked...almost ready to get the boxes put away. These are our Dala horses. The orange Dalas came from Sweden probably about 1940. I remember them from my childhood and if you know me you know that was a long time ago!! We bought the blue horse in Nusnas, Sweden 10 years ago. Jerry and I made the horse on the left. When Em and Sergio got married they wanted to celebrate both of their heritages. They had bagpipe music, mariachi, Mexican food etc. When Em asked us to make 2 Dala horses to put on top of their wedding cake we gulped and wondered if we could manage that request! Jerry cut it out and sanded it and I did the painting. Wow, it was kind of fun. Sooo, we kept going and made some for our children. They certainly aren't any competition for Nels Ollson in Nusnas but we were happy how well they turned out.

This poinsettia quilt is above the fireplace. Jerry and I were at a ELCA Church Assembly in Philadelphia quite a few years ago. Jerry was a voting member so spent most of his time with the other delegates. I sat in the back of the assembly hall with my hand work. The quilt was just small enough to handle easily. By time we got back to MI all the bias was stitched down. I wouldn't think of going on a trip without some handwork.

The weather report...rain, snow and fog yesterday and tonight it is snowing again! Some schools in W. MI. have already announced closings for tomorrow. The icy roads are the worst. There have been some bad accidents.

Does anyone know why one paragraph is underlined?

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I am sure it was underlined to accentuate that precious face of Linnea. She is adorable!

The Dala horses are beautiful and the story was so interesting. That is certainly a work of love.

The flannel quilt looks lovely and sounds so warm and toasty for your cold weather.

Like you, I always have a project to work on as I travel. I can't imagine having idle hands. Guess I wouldn't know what to do with them.

Phil and Linda said...

Somehow you got that paragraph associated with the picture of the quilt, because that quilt pops up when you double click on the paragraph.
love ya, linda

GreggR said...

Great picture of L, thanks.
You and Dad have always been so good at whatever sort of crafty things you've done,,,wow,,what happened to me?