Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Shocking news last night.

Last night our daughter in Phoenix called with such shocking news. Our granddaughter, Missy had been badly burned. She was fixing dinner for her folks, deep frying, the oil overheated and caught fire. She is in the Burn Unit at the burn hospital in Phoenix. She has burn spots on her face, hair is burned, one eye swollen, burned on her knees and the palms of both hands the worst. The burns vary from 1st degree some places, 2nd and up to 3rd on her palms. The DR told Linda that burns can keep burning up to 72 hours. So some 1st degree could end up being 2nd degree. They may start skin grafting on Friday. The DR feels that Missy's face burns will heal OK. The first call from Linda she repeated "her face" and I misunderstood and thought Missy's face was the worst. You can imagine our fears!!

Linda raced to the kitchen after hearing the screams and came around the corner just as Missy dropped the pan. She was trying to get it off the stove. Linda got burned on her face like a bad sunburn and one eye is swollen from a burn.

Linda has a new glass top stove and has complained before about how fast it heats. Someone told me that they heat faster than gas.

We sure got allot of people praying for her real fast...just takes a few phone calls and e-mails!

Our son's back surgery went well this morning. He can stand straight! Lately he hadn't been able to lay down. He can go home tomorrow but won't be coming here for our family gathering. He will probably be trying to catch up on all the sleep he has lost lately. Soren and Anja stayed with us. Anja was always one jump ahead of us!!!

A blessed Christmas to all my family bloggers and all my new blogging friends.

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I am so sorry to hear your news from Phoenix. I will keep her in my prayers. Those burns are so painful too.

I had not heard that about the glass top stoves. I will have to let my mom know as that is what she has.

On a positive note - I am glad that you son has some back relief.

I will keep your family in my prayers especially on Christmas.

Carol in Sweden said...

Oh G'G'ma! What horrible news to get for Christmas...but WONDERFUL news that she isn't worse! In the world of burns, she is very lucky. You still have her alive and well!

I will hold her in the light as we Quakers do for prayer.

Best Wishes for a lovely JUL otherwise with everyone able to rest on their beds properly!

God Jul från Sverige!
önskar,
Carol, Bo, och Maya

Shelina said...

Wow, how horrifying. I certainly hope she heals quickly and easily.
I'm glad you son is better.

Mama Spark said...

Wowee, not the kind of Christmas anyone is hoping for! I will keep her and your family in my paryers.

Rhonda said...

All my prayers are with you and your family. Doctors are great and have wonderful methods of helping their patients.