Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Community Volunteer Service Project

Can you believe it....we were the project!!! Grandson Soren called yesterday and asked if I had any jobs for him. Well, yes, I can always find jobs. Don't have to think hard about it either. A requirement at his school is that he does 8 hours of community service work. He can't get paid and I have to sign a paper saying what he did. He worked hard for 2 1/2 hours...I'm tough! He dug many carts of my black gold (aka compost) and moved it to a convenient spot for me. Many branches were broken up to fit in the yard trash container. Loads of little trees were coming up in the pachysandra which he pulled out or cut out. I'm thrilled because all the things he did really give my back problems. I'm a happy camper!! Good night.



4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I love the community service hours results!!! Won't you have fun with all that compost spread about???

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Good idea! Wish they would participate in such activities at schools in our area, better yet, give these kids work to do, it makes them feel so worthwhile.

So nice he could help Gram out!!

Leanne said...

What a gem. Good to see a young man working.

Karen said...

What a nice grandson! Lucky you! It helped him get the service ours in and definitely helped you!

The flowers are beautiful!